If you’re considering changing careers or you lost your job during the pandemic, you might be wondering, what are the most in demand jobs in Canada in 2022? No doubt, the pandemic drastically changed Canada’s job market overnight, affecting industries across the board ranging from tech to production and manufacturing, causing a considerable decrease in the number of immigrants.
Thus, the demand for immigrant workers has increased, as they are needed to heal the country’s economy from the massive impact of covid-19.
In 2020, only 184,370 new immigrants came to Canada due to the covid-19 travel restrictions that the country had to implement in March of last year.
This resulted in immigration levels dropping and the IRCC falling short of its goal to admit 341,000 new immigrants throughout the entire year.
To overcome this shortage, Canada has decided to welcome 401,000 new permanent residents in 2021, 411,000 in 2022, and 421,000 in 2023.
This is great news for foreigners who plan to migrate to Canada for work, mainly because the chances of finding a job in Canada are much higher than they were before.
Best In-Demand Jobs In Canada
Here are the top in-demand jobs in Canada you should know:
Oil and Gas Jobs In Canada
Here is the list of top in-demand oil and gas jobs in Canada:
|Job Title||Average Salary||NOC Code|
|Field Service Representative||$66,988||–|
|Pipeline Batching Technician||$80,155||–|
|Mechanical Services Technician||$53,418||22101|
White-Collar Jobs In Canada
|Job Title||Average Salary||NOC Code|
Human Resources (HR) Managers
|$91,425||0211, 0213, 0711, 1221|
Business Development Managers
Besides this, there are a lot of blue-collar jobs which are different from White Collar jobs, which are high in demand in Canada.
Labour Jobs in Canada
|Job Title||Average Salary||NOC Code|
|$44,836||7511, 7521, 7452|
Heavy-Duty Equipment Mechanics
Sales Associates Or Representatives
Pursers And Flight Attendants
Emerging Jobs in Canada
Jobs belonging to IT and engineering fields are emerging and highly demanded jobs in Canada. They are:
- Artificial Intelligence Specialist
- Big Data Developer
- Cloud Engineer
- Customer Success Specialist
- Cybersecurity Specialist
- Data Consultant
- Data Engineer
- Data Scientist
- DevOps Engineer
- Experience Designer
- Full Stack Engineer
- Product Owner
- Robotics Engineer
- Site Reliability Engineer
Which Jobs Are In-Demand in Canada Due to COVID?
The covid-19 pandemic in Canada has overhauled the way people work. In the immediate aftermath of the crisis, millions of people started working from home full-time as a measure to restrict the spread of the virus.
The massive shift to remote work, increased use of digital collaboration tools, new and improved health and safety policies, and updated office and workplace layouts have all led to a surge in high job demand in Canada.
So, if you were unable to find work due to the pandemic, don’t worry, we’ve got your back! Here are some of the high demand jobs in Canada due to covid-19:
Call Centre Representatives
The covid-19 pandemic has caused customer service phone lines to ring off the hook.From clarifying queries of customers to assisting them regarding the cancellation or suspension of their services, or helping them in orders placement,call-center representatives have their hands full
Delivery drivers are high in demand during the pandemic as they help the retailers in stocking the store shelves by delivering them the essential goods. In the pre-pandemic situation, the drivers delivered the goods only once or twice a week.
But, as the pandemic sprang up, the number of deliveries has increased significantly, with some heavily trafficked stores receiving multiple deliveries on a daily basis.
Advertising and Marketing Managers
Although employment has been affected by the dramatic drop in traditional advertising due to covid, the industry is now going digital to reach its customers.
Thus, with companies investing their marketing budgets into social media marketing and online and video advertising, advertising and marketing managers are in high demand to execute those strategies.
Database Analysts and Data Administrators
Throughout the pandemic, the government and other organizations have prioritized case tracking and COVID-19 data analysis. So, these workers have been involved in much of the COVID-data analysis process.
The influx of patients at hospitals and clinics due to covid-19 has caused a shortage of nursesand other healthcare facilities. So, for the long-term intensive care of admitted patients, registered nurses are needed, and it is one of the highest-demand jobs in Canada.
Additionally, in the oil and gas fields, employees may be subjected to ergonomics-related injury hazards, necessitating prompt medical assessment and treatment, increasing the demand for oil field nursing jobs as well.
Other Jobs in Demand in Canada Due to Covid
Here is a list of the other careers in demand in Canada due to covid:
- IT Consultants
- Retail Supervisors
- Accountants And Financial Professionals
- Help Desk and IT Support
- Janitors and Cleaners
- Warehouse Workers
- Business Developers
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Procurement and Supply Chain Specialists
- Security Analysis and Architects
What are the Best Ways to Work In Canada?
There are a number of ways through which you can work in Canada, either temporarily or permanently, directly or via a workforce employment agency.
Working Temporarily in Canada
If you’re planning to move temporarily to Canada for work purposes, you will need a work permit to work legally there.
A Canadian work permit is a permission to take a job within Canada if you are from a foreign country. To get the work permit:
- You need to get a job offer from a Canadian employer before you apply.
- The employer must apply for a Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) from Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), which allows them to recruit foreign skilled workers for occupations that cannot be filled in by citizens or permanent residents of Canada.
General Eligibility Requirements for Obtaining the Work Permit
- Prove to an officer that you will leave Canada when your work permit expires.
- Show that you have enough money to take care of yourself and your family members during your stay.
- Have no record of criminal activity.
- Be in good health and have a medical exam.
- Not plan to work for an employer listed with the status “ineligible”.
Suitable Jobs for Temporary Workers in Canada
Here are the most in-demand jobs in Canada for temporary workers:
- Executive Housekeepers
- Industrial Butchers and Meat Cutters
- Food and Beverage Servers
- General Farm Workers
- Livestock Workers
- Cooker and Chef
- Retail and Wholesale Trade Managers
- Diesel Mechanics
- Truck and Tractor Drivers
Working Permanently in Canada
You can use Canada’s Express Entry system to become a permanent resident of Canada if you want to work permanently there.
Express Entry system
Express Entry organizes and processes applications for people who wish to immigrate to Canada and contribute to Canada’s economy.
Skilled immigration applicants can use the Express Entry system to apply for permanent residence under one of four economic immigration programs:
- Federal Skilled Worker Program
- Federal Skilled Trades Program
- Canada Experience Class Program
- Provincial Nominee Program
To apply for the Express Entry, you need to submit your profile which requires the following documents:
- Language test results
- Educational credential assessment report
- A passport or travel document
Toprovide a more substantial application that includes reference letters, additional identity documents, police clearance certificates, and results of a medical examination, after receiving the invitation to apply.
General Eligibility Requirements for Express Entry
- Be under 30 years of age.
- Have at least three years of skilled work experience.
- High level of English and/or French.
- Completed post-secondary education that is assessed against Canadian standards with an Educational Credential Assessment.
Suitable Jobs for Immigrants in Canada
These are the most in demand jobs in Canada for immigrants:
- Software engineers and designers
- Foodservice supervisors;
- Information systems analysts and consultants
- Computer programmers and interactive media developers
- Administrative assistants (excluding legal or medical administrative assistants)
- Financial auditors and accountants
- Restaurant and foodservice managers
- Advertising, marketing, and public relations managers
- University professors and lecturers
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Which job pays the highest salary in Canada?
Jobs belonging to the medical field are the highest paid in Canada followed by IT and business jobs. Professionals like surgeons, dentists, and other physicians are at the top of the list of highest-paid professionals in Canada. Among them, surgeons have the highest average salary of 340,000 CAD per year.
2. What is the best career in Canada?
The employment sector in Canada is dominated by medical professionals with prolific degrees like doctorates and PhDs. So, the medical field is one of the best careers in Canada as it is highly esteemed and also the most paying career.
3. What jobs are in demand in Canada in 2022?
There are a lot of jobs in high demand in canada in 2022. However, the top of the list among them are:
1. Registered nurses
2. Warehouse workers
3. Supply chain specialists
4. Technology professionals
The Primus Workforce team is proudly built on hands-on industry knowledge and experience.